Thursday, May 10, 2012

day undone+superfluous Starbucks story

Starting something at the end is what I am doing now. I am lying in bed typing each letter painstakingly with one finger on my nook tablet keyboard. It is amazing how long it takes to finish a sentence using this thing. I am frustrated but I am pressing on because I feel like my day will not be done unless I write something.

What follows is a superfluous Starbucks story brought to you courtesy of my life experiences... I was in desperate need for a Starbucks the other morning. The drive-through line was so long I decided to just go in and order. I had just gotten out of my 7:00 AM chemistry class and I was a visual/mental mess. My hair was crazy and sticking up, untamed by my headband and ponytail attempt. I had no makeup on and was pale and blotchy looking. I totally looked like what I was, a person who had rolled out of bed, got into her car, and was now wandering about society. I was wearing an over-sized blah grey hoodie and a pair of sad boring tennis shoes. As I was waiting for the barista to make my wake-up elixir, I noticed a woman who was standing in line next to me. She was carrying a posh Coach bag and her hair was perfectly quaffed. She was wearing fashionable black high heels and had on bright red well fitting slacks. She looked very sheik and put together. I wondered if she felt as cheery and put together as she looked. The outsides of us can indicate or hide internal truths and states of being.  It made we wonder what our outsides are saying about us and if what it is saying is true...


No comments:

Post a Comment