Tuesday, September 3, 2013

yellow so real it's fake-looking

It is one of those last lazy days of summer when autumn is gently waving hello to us. I love living in the Midwest. I've never really lived anywhere else and I don't regret that. How could you not love it here - driving by the swaying stalks of gold, riding on roads paved with falling color, accepted and expected change - it's everything.

Homework, study, break, read, snack, homework, study, sleep, shower, work... it's fall. So relieved I had classes during the summer or going back would be so much more difficult.

Well into my Mother-Baby/Pediatrics rotation. It's amazing. I am so relieved because I was so nervous, filled with trepidation. Needless trepidation - there's a catchphrase for me.

This afternoon I was looking at the flowers on the deck still blooming away. It was the marigold that captured me. So yellow it seemed artificial. I held this brilliant blooming living yellow in my hand and felt... content.

Matthew 5:5 (The Message)

"You're blessed when you're content with just who you are—no more, no less. That's the moment you find yourselves proud owners of everything that can't be bought."

No comments:

Post a Comment