Wednesday, April 17, 2019

YET I AM NOT ALONE

"Behold, the hour is coming, indeed it has come, when you will be scattered, each to his own home, and will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me." John 16:32


I wonder if abandonment is just as painful if it's predicted. I wonder if knowing that those closest to us wouldn't be sticking around during the toughest times would lessen the blow in any way.

I doubt that the gift of foresight and omniscience lessens the loss; it may even heighten the pain.

Jesus was not surprised by anything anybody did. He knew that when the shepherd is struck down the sheep scatter (Matthew 26:31). But He didn't despair. When I read... "each will leave me alone. Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me" I was awed and deeply encouraged.

I know we all have lost people close to us. Either by disease and death or by distance and time - we all lose people we love. If you have not, you will.

But remember the words of Jesus when you feel or are most alone - You are not alone, the Father is with you. If He can say it, know it, believe it at the toughest times He ever knew, we can too. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment