Thursday, April 30, 2020

Because of God, be brave

My desk calendar had this encouragement today “…believers are brave for their confidence comes from God alone”

That really struck me today because sometimes it seems like fear is all that is around us. “Will my loved ones catch COVID? Will my work furlough me?” “What will happen if there is surge of new cases?” “When will it be “safe” again?” “What happens when we run out of masks?” Those are our newer fears.

But there are of course the “old fears” – “Will I be single forever?” “What will happen if my parents get sick?” “What if the test results come back positive?”

Whether they are new fears or long held ones, examining our fears is important because only when they are known, can we take that self-identified frailty and lay it the feet of our strong Savior, who never grows weary and is never caught off guard.  

Isaiah 41:8-10 “But you, my servant, whom I have chosen, the spiritual offspring of Abraham, my friend; you whom I took from the ends of the earth and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, “You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off”; fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment