Sunday, December 2, 2018

Fix it.

Sunday mornings are a bittersweet thing. One more day off from work for those with traditional job schedules but it's also only one more day off.

I was reading over my previous post this morning and I had a few typos and areas where my brain must have been working faster than my fingers because chunks of thought were missing. And with the push of two buttons I could fix it. I could correct the error and make it like it never happened.

But that's a fallacy of sorts. I corrected the error for the future but I didn't fix the past. Those who read the post prior to my corrections may have been confused by my errors and mistakes.

I used up the last of my carpet spot remover last night. As I was shaking the last drops out, it became obvious that I make/have a lot of messes in my life. One can of spot remover doesn't equate a lifetime supply for me.

When I think about my sinful attitudes, actions, and past - what spot remover can take away those black stains? Certainly nothing on the market. Knowledge and warning didn't prevent my wrongness either (law/commandments). So what can remove stains from the past and the present and tomorrow - because I will despite my best efforts spill in the future.

“Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool." Isaiah 1:18

"He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world." 1 John 2:2

"For it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sins. And every priest stands daily at his service, offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. But when Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, waiting from that time until his enemies should be made a footstool for his feet. For by a single offering he has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified." Hebrews 10:4,11-14

The only ''fixer" is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment