Wednesday, December 5, 2018

eggs if He wills

This morning I got to work and thought maybe a ham and cheese omelet from the cafeteria would be nice. I rebundled up to walk from my office building to the main hospital, climbed the stairs, got in line only to be told that the pilot light was out and they couldn't make eggs for at least 15 minutes.

I laughed to myself as I was walking back to the office because I was so confident that my mission wouldn't fail and I was so very wrong.

"Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand." Proverbs 19:21

"Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”— yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes. Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil. So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." James 4:13-17

To sum up, if the Lord wills we will have an omelet. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment