Wednesday, March 6, 2013

willpower not needed

Have you ever texted someone when you knew deep inside that you shouldn't?

If I was a technology genius I would invent a way to put a lock on a cell phone contact so you can't text them. The lock would last at the very least 24-hours all the way to a month if necessary. This would be good because there would be no way out of it, once a contact is locked there is no going back; constant consistent willpower would not be needed.

I recently deleted a contact to keep from texting them. I wrote the number down on a notebook and hit delete. I have several reasons for this but lets chalk it up to a measure of self-awareness. For me it's better for a temptation to be eliminated all together than for me to try and trust myself not to cave.

I feel good about this so get on it Verizon. Create this feature and help save us from our most often worst enemy: ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment