Thursday, April 4, 2013

thanks mom

I woke this morning thinking about my mom. I remember the photos of me at Christmas with my enormous play kitchen. I remember her stopping in the morning on the way to daycare and getting me chocolate milk and sprinkle donut holes. I remember when she surprised me when I was like ten-ish with a mom-daughter trip to Chicago. I remember her taking me to the mall when I was a teen and buying me Doc Martens sandals (which I still have and wear, my feet never grew) and a jean jacket from the Gap. It really wasn't often I didn't get things I wanted. I remember playing all the Donkey Kong video games with her over the years. I remember her instilling in me a love of literature, movies, and contemplation.

I don't say it enough, Thanks mom. ooxx

No comments:

Post a Comment