Thursday, February 17, 2011

standing in solidarity

I stand in solidarity with all the great teachers I have had through out my schooling, in Illinois and especially in Wisconsin. I stand with those who are part of unions because though I myself have never been in a union I understand that their OVERALL greater meaning and function is a good one. So to these protesters exercising their constitutional right to assemble, I stand with you.

Here are some good links about the greater implications of this issue:
Unions aren't to blame for Wisconsin's budget
Union Changes In Wisconsin Spark Protests
Burning Down Wisconsin: Worse Than Budget Busting

 Update 2/24/11:
I recently read an article by Bill O'Reilly of all people. He, even He! had a few positive things to say about unions. OMG

No comments:

Post a Comment