Saturday, July 27, 2013

unending sunrises, continual mercies

Lamentations 3:22-23
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.

Time is a complex matter (Wait, is time matter? Oh dear...). The organization of the chaotic universe and the theoretical likelihood of life as we know it ever existing and continuing to exist are more than I can grasp. I wish I was better at understanding mathematics and physics but it's way over my level of comprehension.

The HowSuffWorks website has a lot of information about time and Einstein's Theory of Relativity. I won't even attempt to get into it for my ignorance would show instantly. I wish I had a mind for complex math and science; it's all I can do sometimes to keep my head above water in human biology for nursing. ;)

All I really wanted to say is that somewhere on our planet right now the sun is rising for people and if the sun is always rising somewhere, than the promise of the verse above becomes even more beautiful. Morning is always dawning so on a macro-level the assurance of the LORD's mercies is perpetual. Like the sun rising continually, the LORD mercies are ending. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment