Thursday, April 21, 2011

the testing

How fitting that this post occurs on the same day as the post entitled "the trusting", for low and behold today my trust has been tested. I have been tested in sort of indirect ways; a lot of things happening around me but not directly to me. Things that I can either let stress me and fret me or I can trust God. Normally I let things get to me; I can actually feel the stress inside building. I try to tackle a goal that is too big instead of breaking into manageable realistic stages. Today, I felt that same feeling of uncertainty giving rise to panic. I had a talk with myself, saying either I will trust God completely or I will needlessly freak myself out. There is no sort of partial credit available when it comes to trust, it's pass or fail. So I talked myself down from my inner metal ledge and took a deep breath. When the next testing of trust comes (and it will) I will remember to take life as it comes with trust that God is with me and before me.

"But be assured today that the LORD your God is the one who goes across ahead of you like a devouring fire..." Deuteronomy 9:3

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Dueteronomy 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment